Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What do I do if I find an animal in need of help?
If you find wildlife or a domestic animal in immediate need of help please call the RSPCA hotline and cruelty report line on 1300 ANIMAL (1300 264 625).

How can I report animal cruelty?
If there is an urgent issue that requires an immediate response please call the RSPCA on 1300 264 625.  For non-urgent or ongoing matters of concern, you can also report animal cruelty issues to Animal Liberation Qld for investigation and follow up. You can contact us by phone or email or you make an anonymous complaint to the anonymous free-call number 1800 751 770.

How can I get more involved with Animal Liberation Qld?
As a volunteer run organisation, we always need more passionate and dedicated people to come on board. Find out how you can help on our Get Involved page.

Can you send me a tax invoice? Can I claim a tax deduction for my donation?

The only animal welfare groups able to claim deductible gift recipient (DGR) status are those working on behalf of endangered species, or groups seen by the Government to be providing a community service, such as pet shelters or pounds. 

Animal Liberation Queensland is a registered charity (registered with the ACNC) and a registered non-profit in the state of Queensland (ABN 66 010 101 005), however, like other animal advocacy organisations we do not have DGR status. For more info on DGR status and tax deductions please refer to the ATO

We gratefully appreciate the support of all of our wonderful supporters who have not let this influence their financial support, and we thank you for continuing to support our work as we fight for a more compassionate world for animals.