As an entirely volunteer run organisation, volunteers are critical to everything we do.
Key volunteer roles include:
- Shop sales and merchandise management
- Shopping centre and event stalls - we have opportunities available for people interested in vegan and animal rights advocacy. Shifts are four hours per month, on weekends
- Campaigns and investigations
- Working from home on research, submissions, or letter writing
- Event organising - we currently need help planning our quarterly social events, and our monthly calendar of supporter activities
- Fundraising - we are looking for people to help with some of our fundraising projects and ideas
We also require people with professional skills such as:
- Legal expertise (both professional advice, as well as help reviewing new laws or helping put together submissions)
- Technical skills such as graphic design, website, and video editing
- Photography and videography
- Other skills such as strategic planning, media, etc.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering, or come along to our next volunteer meeting.
Volunteer and Supporter Meetings, and Social Events
Volunteer Information Sessions and Social Events are held regularly across the year. Everyone is welcome, new and experienced volunteers, and people who just want to learn more about helping animals. We are an inclusive bunch and there is no criteria to becoming a volunteer with ALQ.
- Saturday 4 November - ALQ Information Session @ ALQ Annerley Office at 4pm
- Saturday 11 November - Confident Speaking Workshop from 2 to 4pm Venue TBA $10 per person. Learn how to communicate confidently and effectively.
- Saturday 18 November - Craft Session @ ALQ Annerley Office from 10am to 12 midday. Learn how to make paper flowers and hearts for outreach events.
- Saturday 2 December - Campaigning 101 Workshop @ ALQ Annerley Office TBC. Learn the basics of running an effective campiagn.
- December - Volunteer Christmas Party - Date and Venue TBA
RVSPs are a must for these events as numbers are limited - email@example.com.