Qld government fails animals in new rodeo code
Opinion: Calf roping should be banned
Queensland Needs to Ban Calf Roping Now
Animal activists call on Qld Premier and Agriculture Minister to prohibit calf roping, ahead of national rodeo finals in Warwick
With the Australian Professional Rodeo Association’s national finals commencing in Warwick today, Animal Liberation Qld (ALQ) is renewing its call for Agriculture & Fisheries Minister, Mark Furner, and the Qld Premier, Annastacia Palaszczuk, to show compassion and finally prohibit the cruel rodeo event of calf roping (also known as ‘rope and tie’).
Horse and bull killed at Quamby Rodeo (north Qld)
- Two deaths at Quamby rodeo
- A bucking horse was killed following a leg break
- Bull suffered broken leg and also killed during open bull riding event
"Tragically, two animals lost their lives at Saturday's Quamby rodeo." said Mr Chay Neal, Animal Liberation Qld Executive Director.
"During a bucking event in the morning a horse suffered a broken leg and was subsequently killed on site and taken away in a front end loader.
"Rodeo organisers responded by asking not to film because 'we don't need photos of that on Facebook'.
Horse and bull death at Quamby rodeo
Channel 7: Protest outside Eatons Hill Rodeo
Let's ban calf roping!
Bull breaks leg at Rockhampton rodeo practice event
- A bull broke his leg during a bull riding practice event in Rockhampton last night for local school students (believed to be from St Brendan’s College, Yeppoon)
- Bull suffered for over an hour before activists were moved on
- Activists witnessed a cattle prod being used on injured animal