Please be aware that there are restrictions in place due to COVID-19 and these can change at short notice. Current restrictions include limited numbers in the office during our Volunteer Hub events - so RSVPs are absolutely crucial so that we know numbers and can advise you of any changes. ALQ is actively monitoring official health advice and ensuring we meet and exceed official safety requirements.
Volunteers are critical to our work at Animal Liberation Qld.
If you would like a comprehensive introduction to our work and our team, we suggest you come to a Volunteer Hub (see below), do a shift on a Saturday at our Annerley shop, work on one of our stalls and attend a vigil or an action/protest. From there we can work with you to find you a role that plays to your strengths.
We are also looking for help in these areas:
- Our shop at Annerley needs volunteers to work three hours a month on a Saturday morning (9-12) or afternoon (12-2).
- Join our stalls team and work at markets, festivals and other events. You will need to be vegan to work on stalls due to the nature of our outreach.
- Help with investigations and research
- Filming at events, photography and videography
- Legal expertise (both professional advice, as well as help reviewing new laws or helping put together submissions)
- Technical skills such as graphic design, website, and video editing
- Other skills such as marketing and media, event management, fundraising
We run a Volunteer Hub on the first and third Saturday of the month, from 11am to 1pm, from February to November. Come in and meet our Volunteer Coordinator, Hub Leaders and Campaign Directors.
This is a great opportunity to help us with our campaign work, and try your hand at something new. Tasks will include, but not be limited to, gathering data and information, research, writing, social media, graphic design, web editing, making phone calls, sending emails, making lists, brainstorming ideas....
Hub dates for 2020 are:
- Saturday 1 and 15 February 11am to 1pm
- Saturday 7 and 21 March 11am to 1pm [21 March cancelled]
- Saturday 4 and 18 April 11am to 1pm [cancelled]
- Saturday 2 and 16 May 11am to 1pm [online]
- Saturday 6 and 20 June 11am to 1pm [online]
- Saturday 4 and 18 July 11am to 1pm
- Saturday 1 and 15 August 11am to 1pm
- Saturday 5 and 19 September 11am to 1pm
- Saturday 3 and 17 October 11am to 1pm
- Saturday 7 and 21 November 11am to 1pm
If you'd like to participate please email [email protected]. Everyone is welcome so please let us know you are coming so we can make sure you have a seat. Bring a laptop if you have one.
Get in touch
Join our email list here, and tick the 'Volunteer list' tick box.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you are interested in volunteering. We can send you some information about our events and activities, or you can book a time on a Volunteer Hub Saturday to meet with our Volunteer Coordinator.
Other Events and Activities
Events and activities are held regularly across the year. We are an inclusive bunch and we welcome anyone interested in becoming a volunteer with ALQ. Please email us if you'd like more information about these.
Please note that physical events have been postponed or run online or with restricted numbers due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please email us at vo[email protected] to find out more.
You can also find our list of public events on our Facebook page here.